Half Chang Enclosure for 2-way?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking at the plans for one and calculated that the volume was roughly 2 cubic feet and wondered if that and the horn type design might work for a 6 1/2 or 8" woofer and with a tweeter would work. I am thinking of making one with a removable baffle and try it out. It might be interesting to see if it works out.
If nothing else, it would make a good sealed or ported design with a couple of storage shelves.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I was looking at the plans for one and calculated that the volume was roughly 2 cubic feet and wondered if that and the horn type design might work for a 6 1/2 or 8" woofer and with a tweeter would work.

Certainly the concept of putting a 2-way into a BVR is valid (halfChang is noy a horn), but you'd have to find a midbass with close to the same specs as the FE207 to have the bass loasding work optimally.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.