Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Rebuilding The Great Technics SB-X50
Rebuilding The Great Technics SB-X50
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th August 2018, 06:57 PM   #41
cheapcuts is offline cheapcuts  Canada
diyAudio Member

Smile don't lose that number

Please see "Yamanaka crossover". Not that I understand the theory but by altering the xover ie: resistence you may lose the stereo image spread and depth these linear phase speakers can deliver. Jumper wiring the safety switches (which is reversable)and cleaning the volume controls would be all I would do to these desirable SB-X50 models which I wish I owned.

Just altering internal speaker wire length by inches collapsed the soundfield on my
Technics SB-T10 models. Mine featured twin cracked circuit boards that also required jumpering. I cannot recommend the T-10 except for a mad hobbiest that can pick them up for less than $60(cheesey cabs and xover boards). They can however expose you to a taste of the elaborite soundfield many of the Technics linear phase models are capable of.

Last edited by cheapcuts; 9th August 2018 at 07:19 PM.

Rebuilding The Great Technics SB-X50Hide this!Advertise here!