IKEA Wooden Bowls - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2014, 11:00 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default IKEA Wooden Bowls

I know the FullRangers have a post on this same subject, but since I'm using a tweeter-woofer combo, I thought best to post here. I am using a Vifa 4" with center mount 3/4" tweeter installed in a wooden bowl as enclosure. I wanted to do something like this for some time but making the structure shape was my struggle, till now! Taken right from the FR guys, I used the IKEA blanda bowls as suggested. My 4" woofer called for a (.49ltr) vented enclosure. This project is to use the 4" as mid-range and build a bass enclosure below! This is what I have so far! Mid-range with all-thread epoxied to rear of driver. Two bowls glued up. As the pic's will show, I used the Jasper circle guide to make my speaker mount location. I also glued a spacer between the bowls in order to facilitate mounting (more wood to screw to) the mid range enclosure to the bass enclosure. That's it for now! The 'all thread' is to attach the 4" to the bowl as it does not have screw holes on small flange!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0148.jpg (775.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0144.jpg (728.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0127.jpg (789.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0145.jpg (840.7 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by kingfisher; 22nd June 2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: missing data

Hide this!Advertise here!