IKEA Wooden Bowls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know the FullRangers have a post on this same subject, but since I'm using a tweeter-woofer combo, I thought best to post here. I am using a Vifa 4" with center mount 3/4" tweeter installed in a wooden bowl as enclosure. I wanted to do something like this for some time but making the structure shape was my struggle, till now! Taken right from the FR guys, I used the IKEA blanda bowls as suggested. My 4" woofer called for a (.49ltr) vented enclosure. This project is to use the 4" as mid-range and build a bass enclosure below! This is what I have so far! Mid-range with all-thread epoxied to rear of driver. Two bowls glued up. As the pic's will show, I used the Jasper circle guide to make my speaker mount location. I also glued a spacer between the bowls in order to facilitate mounting (more wood to screw to) the mid range enclosure to the bass enclosure. That's it for now! The 'all thread' is to attach the 4" to the bowl as it does not have screw holes on small flange!

Attachments

• DSCN0148.jpg
    DSCN0148.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN0144.jpg
    DSCN0144.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN0127.jpg
    DSCN0127.jpg
    789.8 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN0145.jpg
    DSCN0145.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.