Smaller bedroom speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Moving on to a new and much smaller box. SWMBO agrees that the bass is good in the first set but the boxes are simply too big for the new bedroom layout.
Still using a P-13 and D-27 but I want to utilize a much smaller woofer I have on the shelf here.

Thought experiment; laying the box on it's side, tweeters to the centre and having the 6inch woofer firing down as these will probably be mounted to the ceiling
Woofer I have is the Jaycar CW-2135 and it should work as a .5 woofer around 300hz
Advice and comments welcome as usual and happy to roll off earlier and buy new coils
Still deciding on sealed or vented but sealed is of course going to be much smaller box with much greater WAF

Alternate Design Tack

A subwoofer could be designed to be put anywhere, including under the bed. Then the footprint of the satellite speakers could be made relatively small without sacrificing performance in the region, say above 100-200 Hz.
As listening is this space is probably less critical than that taking place elsewhere, the higher than normal c/o frequency between the sub and satellites should go unnoticed.

Regards,

WHG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.