Ml Tqwt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, i'm from Italy and my name is Massimiliano.
MJK.........knows me......
first of all i'm sorry for my bad english.
I'm a new user of this forum and i think it' great!!!!
i have a lot of question to you!

1) do you now a secure/ low cost site (Europe - USA) where i can buy woofers and tweeters for my Project?

2) do you now somewthing abaut SiverFlute and Swans? i find them in the net, the drivers seem to be very very good and they are low cost drivers i think! where i can buy SiverFlute and Swans woofers and tweeters?

3)i'm realazing a speaker whith MJK worksheets (ML TQWT) with a D'appolito configuration of two woofers and a tweeter (planar or conventional i don't know now...).I like this configuration a lot because using drivers with alluminium/magnesium cone (the best drivers for a TL applications i think.....) that have an hi frequencie peak (2KHz or 10 KHz), so....with a D'appolito configuration (and an RLC in parallel) you eliminate the problem and you have + 6db in the spl rensponce......its cool for valve amplifer with low power RMS.

4) for this project i have used MJK work abaut 2 driver (6+1/2 inch, Fs=35Hz.....) in a Tline, (So=4Sd;Sl=0,5Sd,L=72 inch) and i have found a good rensponce with Zita=0,2 * L.
Now......if i have two drivers in D'Appolito configuration but simulated like ONE driver with 2*Vas, 2*Sd, and so on...,wath meens 0,2??? i if 0,2 is good for the equivalent driver what are the correct displacements of the TWO drivers???
i have assumed that if "a" is the displacement of driver A and "b" the displacement of driver B "[(a+b)/2]=0,2". IS IT CORRECT OR NO???????

5)one million $ question: in MJK pages Drivers is a componenet with Thiele and Small paramtres..............but all the drivers sounds good?????if i have 2 drivers with identic Thiele and Small paramtres and rensponce curve (for example SilverFlute and Scan-Speak), why i must buy a Scan-Speak woofer???only because Scan-Speak is famouse?

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!
;)

Attachments

• max project 2.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 87
MJK.........knows me......
first of all i'm sorry for my bad english.

====

Greetings from the Deep South, ;)

Oh well, it is far better than my Italian!

====

>1) do you now a secure/ low cost site (Europe - USA) where i can buy woofers and tweeters for my Project?

====

Don't know about Europe, but there is Parts Express, Madisound here in the USA. Depending on what you want, there is also Apex Jr., a clearinghouse for excess and/or discontinued stock.

====

>2) do you now somewthing abaut SiverFlute and Swans? i find them in the net, the drivers seem to be very very good and they are low cost drivers i think! where i can buy SiverFlute and Swans woofers and tweeters?

====

Never heard of them.

====

>3)i'm realazing a speaker whith MJK worksheets (ML TQWT) with a D'appolito configuration of two woofers and a tweeter (planar or conventional i don't know now...).I like this configuration a lot because using drivers with alluminium/magnesium cone (the best drivers for a TL applications i think.....) that have an hi frequencie peak (2KHz or 10 KHz), so....with a D'appolito configuration (and an RLC in parallel) you eliminate the problem and you have + 6db in the spl rensponce......its cool for valve amplifer with low power RMS.

====

I am not a big fan of the D'Appolito concept, instead preferring to mount the woofers as close as possible with the HF to the side and make mirror image speakers.

====

>4) for this project i have used MJK work abaut 2 driver (6+1/2 inch, Fs=35Hz.....) in a Tline, (So=4Sd;Sl=0,5Sd,L=72 inch) and i have found a good rensponce with Zita=0,2 * L.
Now......if i have two drivers in D'Appolito configuration but simulated like ONE driver with 2*Vas, 2*Sd, and so on...,wath meens 0,2??? i if 0,2 is good for the equivalent driver what are the correct displacements of the TWO drivers???

>i have assumed that if "a" is the displacement of driver A and "b" the displacement of driver B "[(a+b)/2]=0,2". IS IT CORRECT OR NO???????

====

The acoustic center of the two woofers will be midway between the two, or where the HF is in your design, but because the drivers are so far apart I doubt the sim will be very accurate, especially since one woofer will be up at the top. Still, stuffing will smooth irregularities somewhat, and unless you build several different versions and compare them odds are you won't notice anything bad unless the design is just plain off.

====

>5)one million $ question: in MJK pages Drivers is a componenet with Thiele and Small paramtres..............but all the drivers sounds good?????

====

I am not sure what you are referring to, but T/S specs don't tell us much about a driver's sonic signature.

====

>if i have 2 drivers with identic Thiele and Small paramtres and rensponce curve (for example SilverFlute and Scan-Speak), why i must buy a Scan-Speak woofer???only because Scan-Speak is famouse?

====

Not necessarily. You would have to listen to them both to decide which one sounds best to you, or if the SS did, is it enough to justify the additional cost.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.