SB Acoustics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought a couple of 5" drivers to go in a 2 way and tried to contact SB Acoustics both via email and the web contact form but haven't had a reply for weeks.

Anyone have recent experience of their after sales care or customer support? I realise if there are queries regarding orders then best take up with the vendor but I like to know I can reach a manufacturer if I need to.

Just bought a couple of 5" drivers to go in a 2 way and tried to contact SB Acoustics both via email and the web contact form but haven't had a reply for weeks.
If you want an answer I would suggest asking your question via the UK distributor. About a year ago I had a query about an SB Acoustic driver answered in a few days. Driver manufacturers are rarely setup to respond to queries from the DIY community.

A lot of the time companies don't even bother responding to emails unless it's obvious that you are a company of some sort. If they know you mean business you'll get a prompt response, even if it's only then asking you to speak to someone else.

As Ron says, a sales representative would be a better idea. SB know that companies will want to order customised versions of their drivers and probably already have price guidelines set out, you just need to contact the right person.

As far as I am aware the smallest palette of drivers you can buy from SEAS is 50? It wasn't a ridiculous number for a customised driver if I remember correctly. That said SEAS have always been very helpful whenever I've emailed them, so perhaps if you really need a custom driver, you could go through them. Just an idea.

Thanks 5th I did ping Scan Speak an email and they responded within a couple of days with a reasonable number, larger than 50 so I think I'll try Seas too.

In reply to the point about manufacturers not replying to the DIY community [or anyone not making volume purchases] I'd say it's pretty bad practise putting a contact form on your website and not bothering to respond, even to trivial enquiries and at least with an automated response, email less so but still the same. Don't put it on your site if you don't want to solicit contact, but good point about distributors being more responsive.

I know that whenever TI get an enquiry as to future products etc, on their forums, they always tell people to talk to their nearest sales representative. If you've got a technical issue they will be quite helpful if they can.

I don't think it's a case of don't bother putting a contact form if you're not going to reply, because one could extend that to, don't put out an email address if you're not going to reply. They have to filter out some stuff otherwise someone would be replying to emails for a very long time.

Incidentally what email address type did you contact them with? Some companies block messages sent from places like hotmail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.