Jaycar JV60 speakers/boxes... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2014, 10:43 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Jaycar JV60 speakers/boxes...

So, I grabbed myself a set of these boxes, and the associated speaker kit...

The boxes were "cheap" because one had been dropped, and the baffle was half disconnected...

This revealed a pretty serious issue with their construction... they're barely even glued together!

So I attacked both boxes with a hammer, popped the baffles off, and then the bottoms... Ran a bead of wood glue along all joins, then reglued the bottoms and baffles...

NOW!
I get the impression that the crossovers, although reasonable, can be improved... Does anyone have a schematic of the improved crossover?

Should I just assemble the setup "as is" and see how they sound? Or is it worth leaving them apart till I upgrade the crossovers?

Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 11:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi there - I seem to recall there's some solid info on red spade audio... um

Red Spade Audio: JV60 upgrades

...and there's more than a few threads here at diyaudio about such a mod as well.

I for one would build the speaker with one critical difference - run cabling for each driver to a set of binding posts on the back. This will allow you to tweak and change your crossover to your hearts content with ease (the crossover is external to the box), and allows you to try bi-amping with an active crossover/dsp if you start to play with things that way...

Hide this!Advertise here!