Altec Model 14 replacement woofers???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found a pair on the curb. The cabs are decent and the tweets work, but the woofer were gone. These had a diecast 12". Anybody have suggestions or experience with these?

Do you mean that the woofers were completely missing? Or are you saying that the woofers have had it, as in torn surround or ripped up cone or something of that nature?

Best Regards,
TerryO

The 14's are a great medium sized speaker. Little brother to the 19's which were the flagship of the Altec's home market. Definitely worth getting the real deal. For sure give GPA a call.

I agree. I didn't mention it above and certainly should have, but those speakers are worth fixing up. Altec's have absolutely excellent sound quality! As Cal mentioned, give GPA a call!

Best Regards,
TerryO

The Woofers were not in the cabs. Empty, nothing. I saw them as I was driving by, slammed on the brakes, started gasphing air, loaded them up and talked to myself all the way home. One of my better lucky finds. They had extra holes from a smaller woofer. So I guess this guy blew out 2 sets of woofers. These are an odd size woof. No JBL or EV is a drop in replacement. Extra large mounting flange.The T-nuts are still there. So thx for the info. I never knew about Great Plains Audio, could be a life saver.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.