Accuton Tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone had experience playing with both the 1" and 1.2" Accuton tweeters? I'm using the 1.2" right now, and I'm thinking I may prefer the 1". Any feedback from people that have compared the two would be appreciated before I put out the bucks for a system redesign.

Thanks!

I have C12 & C23. I was comparing them in two-ways with C95T6 and Davis 17Velvet. C12 has more "air", but I wouldn't cross it much lower than 2500Hz because it starts to sound "dirty" although freq. resp. measures good. C23 is a bit "darker", but can be crossed bellow 2kHz with 1st order and still sounds good.

With C95 I prefere C12 crossed at 2,6kHz with 2nd order, and with 17Velvet I used C23 crossed at 1,8kHz with 3rd order filter.

accuton tweeters

I'm currently using the C23 with a C95 crossed over at 2kHz. If I went with the C12, I'd add the C79 and cross over at 3.5 or 4kHz. The C23 is fantastic, but one of my aural priorities is treble air and shimmer, and it's not quite doing it for me.

Thanks for your observations.

Then you should try C12. Here's what I'm using. R4 and C4 are optional.

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 286
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.