2-Way garage rocker. Help me pick mid/tweeter driver please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I recently got some Foster Pro 15" woofers and would like to use them for a garage headbanger system. I don't have the exact specs on the woofer, but I figured I'd play it safe by putting it into a sealed enclosure, roughly 10 sq ft. I have a 2-way crossover handy which crosses at 2,600kh.

So, if you could choose one driver to cover 2,600+ what would be a good match for this pro woofer? I have a pair of Hivi B3N, but I think they would get buried by the more sensitive/powerful woofers. I could possibly go 3-way but would like to stick with 2-way. Any ideas?

Hi,

The B3N would be hopelessly lost in such a setup.

if your going to guess at a box volume at 10 cuft,
which could be very wrong, and very probably is,
a better guess is 4 cuft vented, tuned to 40Hz.
(Or 33Hz for very low bass heavy stuff.)

Tweeter on the cheap is a 4"x10" like :
Pyle PH391 4" x 10" Horn Tweeter | 292-2624
Though I'd also add an L-pad.

I have no idea how well your crossover will work.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Here's pics, if that helps. They weigh 15.8 lbs apiece!

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 117
Well, I hooked up the Fosters inside the cabinets and ran them full range. They sounded really good. So I decided to add a Goldwood GT-1005 piezzo tweeter that is tamed by an in-line resistor. It was an inexpensive solution plus I can always upgrade later to a better tweeter and the 2-way crossover if I want.

The cabinets wound up being 6 cubic feet vented.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.