different xover q-values

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can someone tell me the different q-values for the different types of xover networks? i believe i've searched the whole net by now, with nothing as a result... i get some values here and there but they are never the same...even if they should be...=( strange!

i need the values for 1st to 4th order 2-way and 3-way Butterworth and L-R...

this will be fun =)

it seems to be some controversy about these values...am i right?

please help me now folks...just a good link would do it!

Above post isa correct for a closed box (not ported). Is that what you are interested in? Why don't you tell us what you want to do. It's easier to respond. You are asking for so much that it is impossible to respond without writing a short of a small book.

Cheers,

Thanks for answering...=)

well...I'm contructing a 3-way ported speaker, a subwoofer with double 12" woofers (ported), a 2-way closed speaker and a 2-way ported speaker...=)

yes...you guessed it! i'm making a complete surround system!

...and that my little problem...I need lots of values...and that's also wy i'm a bit confused about everything, there's simply to much to read to understand it all...

I have another little question, hopefully more easy to answer =)
In a 3-way network, is there any difference between the HP and LP filters for the tweeter and the woofer and the HP, LP filters that makes the BP filter for the midrange (i mean if the calculations differ)?

About the Q-values...I'm most confused about wether the values differ for a 3-way and 2-way...eer...maybe that's what I asked above...:confused:

thanks! any help...helps!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.