Magnavox console horn & Celestion DL10 woofer. Will they play well together?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello and good day all.
I have a pair of Magnavox 4"x10" horns from an old console. I have the original crossovers and attenuation switches as well. I picked up a pair of woofers from a set of Celestion DL10's and would like to put them together in enclosures.

Can I use the crossover and switches to control the horns since they work perfectly fine together now? I know I need to do something with the woofers, but I'm not sure what. I haven't been able to find T/S parameters, even with the numbers stamped on the woofers.

One woofer has 8389Z and below that HT23. The other woofer only has JT11 on it. Both have the Celestion International stickers on them. The only thing I've found is the original DL10's were rated at 91db sensitivity. The horns are quite sensitive as well.

Is this a ridiculous idea or is there some merit in experimenting with this combo?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.