speakers dali ikon 6 crossover schematic ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Obviously not. Dali aren't going to give it away either. :)

I googled up a picture of the crossover. Doesn't look very complex for a 3.5 way. Usual simple LC circuits, I expect.

But really just take it apart and look, and trace the wires! It's what we enthusiasts do. I measure stuff like coils with a multimeter too.

Good luck. What you gonna do? Rejig the filter?

Obviously not. Dali aren't going to give it away either. :)

I googled up a picture of the crossover. Doesn't look very complex for a 3.5 way. Usual simple LC circuits, I expect.

But really just take it apart and look, and trace the wires! It's what we enthusiasts do. I measure stuff like coils with a multimeter too.

Good luck. What you gonna do? Rejig the filter?
Minimal Project
Replacing Capacitors
to Capacitors of Mondorf suprim
Speakers is not my field.

All the projects I did were on DVD Players
And amplifiers

I simply have no desire to open the speaker that it is connected to the equipment
I need to know the values ​​of the capacitors that's how I'll know if it's worth to me in terms of price to spend the time
I could tell by the pictures that one of the capacitors is
bipolar capacitor 5.6UF
And the rest is not clear by seeing photos

The only real criticism in DALI Ikon 6 loudspeaker Measurements | Stereophile.com was that the speaker was balanced overly bright (aren't they always...LOL) at the top end. You'd have to know what you are doing with a crossover to correct that if a BBC dip is more to your taste.

Capacitor changes from Bipolar electrolytics are not straightforward due to change in what is called their ESR or resistance, which affects tonality.

It does all look well done to me. Very little to fault. Maybe the coils are a bit close to each other. In 20 years time the NP electrolytic capacitors might justify renewal.

Attachments

• Dali Ikon 6 Crossover.JPG
    Dali Ikon 6 Crossover.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 435
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.