Need help with a Focal Midrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Focal 5K 413 S midranges, and need a little help getting the correct data. I cannot find any "official pdf" on them but i have a paper file which I got when i bought them. Later I've seen slightly different data online. I have no way of measuring anything myself.

Also, I was wondering if any of you know the relationship between the 413 S and the 5K 4411, is one of them an improvement over the other, just a re-branding, which came first and so on. Any help is appreciated.

Link to data I've seen online (Search 413S).
http://users.hal-pc.org/~bwhitejr/drivers.txt

Picture and link of the 413S and the 4411:

Attachments

• 5K413S (Small).jpg
    5K413S (Small).jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 229
  • focalc800.pdf
    600.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Focal 5K413S vs. Focal 5K4411

They are not the same drivers. You can look at the parameters.
http://www.cobratech.nl/L50/5k4411.pdf
If they are similar (I don't know) but the former is a neoprene surround and the latter a rubber surround.
They have about ~1dB differences sensitivity but they can be very similar for output in their purposes (modeling and alignment).
I found different Fs, Qms, Sd, Vas...
Both cones are PolyKevlar.

Thanks for the link, but they're both rubber surround, neoprene is rubber, though a synthetic type. Now the differences in the data between them are miniscule, in fact no more than the data between my paper on the 413S and the data I've seen online.

I've seen Scan Speak have updated their pdf's sometimes where the data for some speakers differs as much as 2dB and the response curve is different, probably due to upgraded measuring-equipment. Re-branding isn't unusual either.

Anyways, which data-set would you have used (considering the link with different data than my paper) and does anyone know which came first, 4411 or the 413S?

Last edited:
You can see from the spec sheet that Focal 5K413S neoprene as they say "looks older/vintage".
If you have rubber roll surrounds use the last data set from Focal 5K4411 and try to measure some of the parameters (yours) to match (or not) the later product.
If you say, and I agree with you, it's the same product, maybe they are just a few years/same-model apart one being the early vintage product/driver or "NOS". I can notice that vintage look from the design of the logo and the paper print of early years, not that it matters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.