Supravox 215 Signature Bicone build quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Just before X-mas I wanted to buy the pair of these drivers at Spectrum Audio in Germany.
I got the answer that the store had just sold the last pair.The guy wasn't sure if he would continue to sell them becouse of bad build quality (not the sound)he said .He claimed he had to take four drivers to get good working pair.Something like 50% of them is not working good.

This seems kind of strange to me?
Have anyone heard about bad build quality of Supravox drivers?

Bartek

Konnichiwa,

zygibajt said:
This seems kind of strange to me?
Have anyone heard about bad build quality of Supravox drivers?

Anything hand-made is subject to quality variations (even expensive English or Italian hand build cars). This means that occasionally bad batches surface (made Friday afternoon, Monday after a Wedding Weekend etc...). For this it is important to have dealer/manufatcurer support.

As long as you can be sure that "DOA" Item is replaced without fuss the QC issue is a non-issue. So it is importnat to know your Dealer well, that's all.

For the record, 2 Pairs of Supravox in my circle of friends (of which I own one) had no problems, purchased directly from the factory.

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.