help with design crossover network for the drivers I have

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys I'm new to this site but I have a problem and I'm a good builder but a terrible engineer I have a set of Fostex p.m. 841 cabinets that I intend to use I have the tweeters and mid-range that came with the cabinets they are 4 ohm speakers I intend to use a klipsh 8 inch subwoofers, these were powered cabinets but I intend to use them as a non powered and I have absolutely no idea of what I'm doing please help because I sure would like to hear these

First, go here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...designing-crossovers-without-measurement.html

Study this carefully and spend about a day or 2 scratching out a couple of crossover models for a 2-way. Don't worry about the sub (or bass section) for now as you can add that circuit after you figure out the 2-way.

Second: post what you have come up with here with the speaker spec sheet links and ask for help. You will get bombed with expert advice.

It may help to do an SPL Trace but again...baby steps. You can do that later after you figure some basics out.

Matthew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.