Are pro compression drivers or wave guides supposed to come with mounting hardware?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought the SEOS 10 Wave Guides from DIYsound group and the BMS 4550 from US Speaker. Neither came with hard ware for mounting. Do the compression drivers usually come with hardware?

If not, can anyone tell me what size bolts I should attempt to get for mounting the compression drivers?

sometimes horn has included bolts, nuts and wrench.
sometimes driver has nothing :D :

Attachments

• IMG_0488_.jpg
    IMG_0488_.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 125
Spin Monster:

Use great care when mounting the driver to the wave guide !!!! Any rough edges or slight mismatch in the throat will cause BIG problems sonically. If you have to make an adapter, make sure there is a slight taper as any parallel sides will cause you grief. Use files, epoxy, mortite or whatever it takes to have a smooth / tapered transition from driver to the throat of the wave guide.

well, dave p provides the necessary bolts for the dome waveguides :), but it is more tricky for the dome as it needs to use threaded bolts instead of regular bolts.

I bought Dave's 8.5 x 5.5 wave guides for the XT25 and it came with all mounting hardware because its a specialized application which requires you to remove the face plate.

The BMS 4550 didn't come with bolts but they are M6 x 20mm. These would vary depending on how think the mounting flange is. The Seos 10 looks to be about 1/2" thick. I can't wait to hear them.

Spin Monster:

Use great care when mounting the driver to the wave guide !!!! Any rough edges or slight mismatch in the throat will cause BIG problems sonically. If you have to make an adapter, make sure there is a slight taper as any parallel sides will cause you grief. Use files, epoxy, mortite or whatever it takes to have a smooth / tapered transition from driver to the throat of the wave guide.

The Seos wave guides work with the 14 degree exit of the 4550. Its a good match to the DE250 or BMS 4550.

I'm in love. I hooked up the tweeters with two RS180's per side and the the 4550 is amazing. It hits insane SPL's and stays clean. After EQ and crossed at 1300, the transients are clean and make your eyes blink. No more burned out tweeters. Crossing the RS180 so low takes any issue of break-up off the table.

I am thinking about the AE TD10M (1) or two Faital 8FH200's for 70hz to 1300hz performance. Any opinions? Looking for accurate and high SPL with mid-bass punch to be coupled with the BMS 4550 / SEOS10.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.