Side or top mounting of port?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did some searching but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. I'm using a 3" Flared Precision Port on my next project and I was shooting for a golden ratio type enclosure (wide, tall & shallow). Modeling it in WinISD and using the Precision Port length calculator I am coming up with a length that is considerably longer than the depth of the cabinet ~10".

Are there any phase or other issues that I would run in to by mounting the port on the side or top of the cabinet? I also considered bottom mounting it but I would have to elevate it off of the stand quite a bit or build a modified stand with a hole in the center.

Myself, I would go with the more "modern" ratio, rather than the old "golden ratio".
The ratio I do these days is the ..... .7937:1:1.2599 I can't recall the mathematical construct right this moment, but it has a "math" basis.
It's likely your port will fit this ratio.

___________________________________________Rick.........

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.