Quick Bi-Amping question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I have a simple question about my new speakers. I have changed the terminal plate so that we can Bi-Amp in we want to. If we decide to stay active will there be any need or advantage in placing a cap in series with the Vifa P-13?
Current design is a 2.5-Way using the P-13 straight and just a cap and resistor on the D27 tweeter. If we B-Amp though I may use my Trio amps to drive the tops
Just using my Behringer CX 3400
Subs around 80 and the P-13 somewhere around 300Hz I was thinking the midrange may need a little passive protection just in case a visitor or grandchild twiddled with knobs while volume was highish

Running straight the woofer would be taking a lot of the bass signal so the mid isn't going to be driven quite as hard

The Behringer unit puts out 4th order LR crossovers. Adding a cap in series with the mid driver could get interesting - you'll get a bump in output at resonance, plus all the other phase shifts.

If it was me, I wouldn't bother. Just turn the Behringer around/flip it over so that the controls are facing away from you. People rarely mess with stuff they don't think they understand, but if they can't even see the controls (and all those pretty lights), there's basically zero chance of them screwing with it.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.