Xover software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of any software (free would be best) that allows you to input the passive components and will show what the slope would look like for a given speaker impedance?

All I find work just the opposite. Input the speaker impedance and the freq. to get the components. I would like to see how the components I have will work together.

Does anyone know of any software (free would be best) that allows you to input the passive components and will show what the slope would look like for a given speaker impedance?

All I find work just the opposite. Input the speaker impedance and the freq. to get the components. I would like to see how the components I have will work together.

I've been using lspCAD for over a decade (however, it is not free-ware). Anyone who DIYs speakers & XOs (whether active or passive) needs this, IMO. :)

Regards,

Andy

Thanks for the answers.

I found SpeakerWorkshop and realized I have had it in the past. I remember it being difficult to use and not intuitive.

I also found lspCAD and while I'm sure it is worth the cost, I really don't need to know how the components I have will work together that bad.

LTSpice......I never thought of that one. I already have it and I am sorta familiar with how it works.

I couldn't find PCD. Maybe a link if someone has it?

I found SpeakerWorkshop and realized I have had it in the past. I remember it being difficult to use and not intuitive.

LTSpice......I never thought of that one. I already have it and I am sorta familiar with how it works.

LTSpice is much less intuitive than SpeakerWorkshop IMO. I learned to use SW in one day, but for many years for LTSpice.

For pcd or excel based software you can go to part express forum and meet Jeff Bagby who has these links in his signature.

LTSpice is much less intuitive than SpeakerWorkshop IMO. I learned to use SW in one day, but for many years for LTSpice.

For pcd or excel based software you can go to part express forum and meet Jeff Bagby who has these links in his signature.

LOL.....I guess our brains are just wired different. It's been eons since I was on the PE forum but, I'll take a look for him there.

Just use SW or PCD, load frequency response and impedance data (frd and zma files), input the components value into the program and observe the output. Without real frd and zma data the results are worthless.

PCD is immediate to use but needs excel, SW is completely standalone but you need to find the tutorial and read it (for example hot to connect components).

Ralf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.