Thoughts on B&W DM601

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi A guy up the road from me is selling a pair of Bowers & wilkins DM601 series 2 speakers for $275. There in good condition apart from the tweeters on both are slightly dented, small chip in the veneer and don't come with grill covers. Is $275 a good deal? I haven't listened to them yet but i was told there working fine.

A good deal is normally considered when both sides come
to an understanding regarding price. I can't possibly know
what you'd consider to be fair in this matter.

I can only tell you what I would do. Try to find out original cost
of the speakers when these were introduced on the market.
Secondly, the condition of the item you are interested in, matters.
If we assume these boxes to be more than 10 years old with the
dents and chip you mentioned and if drivers were never cooked,
I'd be offering up to 25 % of original price.

Hi thanks for replying, i made a mistake they are actually dm602 s3. its just the aluminium tweeter dust cap that is damaged. I just bought a pair of pioneer BS22 and although they sound great there not real good at lower volume and there isn't much bass. would the B&W's be a big improvement or should i just keep the pioneers? i was planning to offer him $200 for them

Hi thanks for replying, i made a mistake they are actually dm602 s3. its just the aluminium tweeter dust cap that is damaged. I just bought a pair of pioneer BS22 and although they sound great there not real good at lower volume and there isn't much bass. would the B&W's be a big improvement or should i just keep the pioneers? i was planning to offer him $200 for them

Honestly I would cap at 185 bsc u can get a better deal on eBay plus the damaged tweeter would make me a bit nervous

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.