suitable dipole mid-woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
KYW, I have looked for suitable woofers for di-pole use from:

Maplin
Farnell
CP
Prospeaker Audio Part
Allan Gordon
BK Electrics
DAS Audio
Design Audio Shop
Electrovision
IPL
Ross
SCV
P.Audio
Wilmslow

I have also looked a car audio drivers from Alpine, Pioneer, JBL, Kenwood, Sony and US Blaster.

I have found the odd driver with suitable parameters but these have either been far too expensive or I have not yet got a price back for them, eg TM series from P.Audio. I am also awaiting T/S parameters from some of the car audio driver manufacturers.

So where else do you suggest looking? I am not looking for something for nothing but as I need four of them, I must limit the price each to around the 50UKP range.

One close match that I have found is the Alpine SWE1241, a 12 inch woofer with the following T/S parameters

Coil Height (Hvc) : 33.4mm
Cone Area (Sd) : 490.87 sq. cm
D.C.Coil Resistance (Re) : 3.6 ohm
Electrical Q (Qes) : 0.70
Equivalent Suspension Stiffness (Vas) : 61 liters(2.3cu.ft.)
Free Air Resonance (Fs) : 31Hz
Frequency Response : 26Hz - 1kHz
Gap Height (Hag) : 10mm
Impedance (Nominal) : 4 ohm
Inductance (Le) : 2.78mH at 1kHz (0.86mH at 20kHz)
Linear Excursion (X linear) : 11.7mm
Maximum Excursion (X peak) : 23.4mm
Mechanical Excursion (Peak-to-Peak) : 40mm
Mechanical Q (Qms) : 9.68
Sensitivity : 89 dB/W/M
Total Loudspeaker Q (Qts) : 0.66

Avaialble in the UK for around 64UKP plus P&P. Any comments anyone?

BTW T, I have just put that little EQ circuit into my OPA627 buffered IGC and it's magic! ;) I haven't found the cause of the lack of gain in the VBIGC yet but whatever it is, it didn't allow the EQ to work properly!

Thanks again for that circuit!

Not only is the bass more prominent but the clarity of the whole lot seems better too. So what would it be like with extra woofers?......... :devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.