T/S to shrink the Altec model 19?

GM, if you might still read this (a for a second time resurrected thread):

Regardless, it obviously can be shrunk quite a bit using ~aperiodic loading with the trade-off of course being a higher F3, etc..

Might I ask how could one build an aperiodic w/ an F3 around 70-80 Hz (how-to regarding volume, stuffing and resistive vent size/construction)?

Last edited:
Depends on which driver specs and what the final box Qt you want once room/whatever is accounted for, IOW you basically want to design an under damped sealed cab that when ported/damped = final Qt, so a quick FWIW/YMMV what I did was empirically make a ~1.0 Qt box, then vented it with the pioneer's Av = Sd, Fb = 1.56x Fs and damped to 'taste' to get an acoustic mid-bass roll off response for corner loading, separate sub system.

edit: Av = Sd was T/S, damp/stuff the vent; earlier, a true reflex Av = Fb in area, damp/stuff the box with tuning all done using the click test.

Last edited:
Eyes gave out, so didn't get to finish the post and FWIW/YMMV the Bessel or my classic version of EBS long before T/S is a 'no brainer' for me:

Attachments

• Keele EBS.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Bessel.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Classic EBS.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 42
GM, nice simulated responses... and large box, a little less than the Onken tough. I was going perhaps the opposite way to EBS, small closed/aperiodic with high f3 (80) and several small subs below that.
I'll keep those files and I appreciate you sharing them,

Reactions: 1 user