Replacement drivers for Loth X Ion 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I own a pair of Loth X Ion 2's. The doping compound on the tweeters have cracked and is flaking off. I took the tweeters out and they appear to be purpose-built OEM's. They are marked LX-T-001 HA 9T91N, and look to be of rather cheap construction. Can someone advise as to what replacement tweeters can I use for this?

Also, if I do replace the tweeters, should I replace the bass-mid drivers as well? I understand that the Ion 2's have no actual crossovers, just a single polypropylene capacitor connected in series with d tweeters, and the bass-mid running at full range. So, I expect that a new crossover may need to be specifically designed and built.

Currently, the only tweeter I can find that is almost a drop-in fit for the cut-out is Morel's CAT 378 soft dome. If I have to replace all the drivers, I'm considering a combination of Dayton Audio RS28F-4 tweeters and Tang Band W6-1721 bass-mids.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks!

Yeah, I guessed as much. The problem is I haven't got any information on the tweeters at all, and I prefer not to have to take a router to rabbet the cabinets if at all possible. I'm hoping for a drop-in type replacement. That doesn't leave me a whole lot to choose from. Thanks for your input. Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.