4-way BMS system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey yall..

Fairly new here, and to the audio forum scene in general, been lurking for a while tho.
Im in the midst of constructing a 4-way studio production rehearsal/concert setup with a mind towards low distortion and general hifi capabilities...
So far its comprised of all BMS products, being:

4592Nd Horn 20khz-6300hz / 6300hz-800hz
2x 8S215 Sealed Lower mids 800hz-160hz
4x Yet to be selected Ported 12" 160-40hz (will maybe try sealed volume too)

Frequency ranges set are meant to be indicative only..

I have no real purpose for posting this i guess, just wanted to hear what the good natured denizens of this seemingly awesome community has to say about it :D

Last edited:
If I was gonna spent some serious dollars on a project I would choice something like TPL-150H with a good mid-ranger over 4592ND. really hard to find a compression driver to beat TPL-150H keeping honkiness coloration in mind.
you can still build a good speaker if you can use some nice horn for 4592ND. BD Oris 250 would be a great choice. you'll only need a bassbin.
if you don't mind to save some money and you're not gonna proudly say "I've the most sensitive speaker in the world with 116db@1w!) you can go for a good wide-band driver in a Tractrix horn. I've heard Tang Band 1772 in a Oris 150 horn and the sound is just unbelievable. no kiddin' it's far better than any CD + horn combination. there is some kinda openness you won't find in something else
and I'm sure you can cross the 4592ND as low as 300-350Hz if you don't mind using SE tube amps.

Luck with your project

Last edited:
Wowie, thx for all the great inputs... Initially just to get the stuff up asap i was gonna use the standard BMS 2236 horn and then improve on the system in its entirety from there..
(Actually did already look into the Oris's ones)

Am i to take from your presenting unhonky and uncolored drivers that the 4592 in your opinion posseses these things?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.