my new DIY, cheap as can be, line array project!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SO, i found this guys blog, located here

Line Array: so simple... - The Paper Horn by Inlow Sound

The way he made the cabinet is incredibly cheap and super easy, next up, the woofers!

Logitech S-120 Speaker System 980-000012 B&H Photo Video

Buy these! Take them a part! that means 4 woofers for $10, and they are full range, no need for a crossover!

I am not sure how i would cheaply power these, and tune with an EQ, but it looks like i could have 2 awesome line array speakers for under 100!! Thoughts? Is this possible? Will it work?

Thanks for looking !

SO, i found this guys blog, located here

Line Array: so simple... - The Paper Horn by Inlow Sound

The way he made the cabinet is incredibly cheap and super easy, next up, the woofers!

Logitech S-120 Speaker System 980-000012 B&H Photo Video

Buy these! Take them a part! that means 4 woofers for $10, and they are full range, no need for a crossover!

I am not sure how i would cheaply power these, and tune with an EQ, but it looks like i could have 2 awesome line array speakers for under 100!! Thoughts? Is this possible? Will it work?

Thanks for looking !
I am not sure buying lots of cheap computer speakers and removing the drivers is particularly cost effective. It is likely to be significantly cheaper to buy just the drivers from somewhere like this. Lots of very cheap modestly performing drivers are not going to result in awesome but it could be a fun and worthwhile project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.