There are some daft people around

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would be very careful selling these on Ebay even though you went the extra mile to let the buyer know the condition. Ebay and Paypal will just about always take the buyer's side with complaints. Even if they side with you, Paypal will probably freeze your account till the matter is settled if they do contest it.

A daft young man sent me a large vintage 3 channel Rotel amp in a flimsy cardboard box, the terminals on the back snapped off.
I finally received a refund, spend hours though and had to fabricate new box with foam. Very aggravating when I receive a email from this young fellow saying he was "tried of bending over backwards for me".

Starting to think there are some ploys out there to the blame the shipper and get away with minor insurance fraud sending items that are not working/broken in the first place.

Amps are the worst as far as shipping, heavy and very fragile!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.