JBL M2 for The Poors

Yep, that's the arrays, here's the DFR plot (Delay/Frequency Response or group delay) belonging to that graph:
dfr.jpg

So within 1.5 ms I'm actually at 35 Hz...

Unbelievable, incroyable !! Maybe the good solution than an array finnally !

Stop it guys, or all the owners of M2 are going to throw to fire their boom boom box :D

....:rolleyes: I really have to try these active stuffs.... not too much choice + some help of passive stuffs correction as well... or it's money wasted to construct tons of passive speakers but for the fun !:xeye:

... But I hate so much the idea of saw...:smash::irked::scared::whacko:...... :bawling:

@wesayso: your group delay is immaculate.
I quickly scanned your build thread and your arrays are very impressive!
The construction is an engineering peace of art and I bet these sound brilliant.

@weldam: I listened to Renaud Garcia Fons, he is a true master on bass and the music is beautiful.

Talking PA clubsound vs slow/fast bass.
This is what I have experienced many times on festivals and in clubs (even in the Berghain Berlin with its 6 million euro Funktion One system)
You'll get this heavy thumping 'airpump' type of subbass which appears slow and is most likely caused by room interference/ boundary effects in combination with bad system eq.
With line arrays up in the air + subs below this appears to be even worse compared to full range stacks with horn based infrasubs. I do have experienced true high end PA sound a couple of times in Berghain. But this was early in the night with system SPL still below 'ear plug needed' levels.

Last edited:
That M2 looks very nice.

With line arrays up in the air + subs below this appears to be even worse

This is probably unavoidable when economy plays an important role. If one wants to fly subwoofers the amount of "wood" and power needed goes up quickly.
And then there is the problem of changing venues every day in touring applications. With fixed installations OTOH it should be possible to fine trim a PA for good sound. Not high-end but good.

Regards

Charles

Today's PA gear is way better than it was 20 years ago, but is not used for better sound, only louder one. These guys simply sell chest busting experiences at medically insane levels, while authorities let them do whatever might please the audience...:bomb:

tw0035

I didn't know Zaph measured the JA8008 until know. This curve looks in accordance with the claimed specs. Thank you for posting this.

I still have my doubts on the claimed 95dB system sensitivity of the DTQWT's with the highly overpriced Seas T0035 Troels eventually echanged the TW034 for.
This decision never made any sense to me, at least from an engineering perspective.

Why is the SEAS TW0035 overpriced?

As for David Guetta, Ibiza going 'more money than brains/taste' fans.... They'll have to hurry, because his f..k me I'm famous nights in club Pacha have nearly all sold out. There are only a few 130 euro!!! Tickets left.....

Btw I find the Clint Eastwood's son : Kyle Eastwood to be a very good Bass player too... Ever tried ? He is playing also bass guitar !

The drummer Manu Katché last album is quite good if you like jazz...

... and some times I putt Massive Attack to test the low room modes :D...

Wesayso used to putt Rammstein to test the bass, but the house of his neighbours collapsed :D !