digital crossover in home theatre setup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking into building some new speakers for my home theater setup. I'm probably going to have a 3-way with all active crossovers. I've read a fair amount here about the Behringer digital crossover here, and also a bit about the DBX Driverack as well. Those look to be a great value and functionality. The problem I'm seeing is how to use them in a 5 channel home theater setup. Looks like most other people have been using them in 2-channel stereo with some sort of attenuator after the XO. Seems like it'd be nice if the XO could go at pre-amp level, but I suspect that I'd be feeding it some ridiculously low (pre-amp level) voltages (especially compared to the huge 8V input) and that there'd be a fair amount of loss of quality going through the DAC. Am I missing something here?

I see Doddsy is using a DBX Driverack and a Lexicon, so perhaps he can share some insight. ???

The alternative is to just go with a non-digital XO.

- Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.