Monster Massive - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2014, 07:15 PM   #111
Zvu is offline Zvu  Serbia
diyAudio Member

That is why i wrote "if we count out dedicated suwoofers". Compared to LMS-R15, 15TBX100 really is a lot lighter.

I am working on something similar to Summa's but with Beyma 15K200 and using DE250 for tweeter. Xover should be 24/18dB/o and at 900-1000 Hz. Beyma has Mms of 107gr and i think that even that is a lot to reproduce lower mids with proper dynamics.
Old 11th February 2014, 07:22 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

In the original post I was referring to the possibility of raising the QTS of the 15TBX100 by increasing QES and QMS. Basically it would be hard to get it up to 1.0 because it's hard to add enough weight or enough resistors to make it's parameters ideal for an OB.

But it's all a bit academic; with miniDSP you don't have to bother, just 'dial in' whatever frequency response you want and skip any driver modifications.
Old 13th February 2014, 02:38 AM   #113
dr suad is offline dr suad  United States
diyAudio Member

Patrick,

Excellent write up on the Pyle horn unity. I like the idea of modifying an existing horn instead of having to build a horn from wood. if it works out that the measurements are OK with your project, I may use it to replace the tweeter and horn of my modified Klipsh Cornwall speakers. All I would need to do it simply seal the ends of the ND91's and cut a hole for the Pyle horn.

One neat thing about this project is that you could cut the mounts for the ND91's out of masonite and then simply glue it it using loctite "repair putty". We use this stuff all the time in industrial applications to hold up 2 pound brackets directly mounted to machines. Its and industrial epoxy that molds like clay and in 5 minutes, its has hard as a rock, bonding to nearly anything. JBweld makes a similar product, but has steel filler. Its available at walmart and home depot.

Nick McKinley of Lambda acoustics use to be based in my hometown of Melbourne, FL. I remeber going to his place one time to listen to the Unity speakers he built. I never heard anything quite like it!
Old 13th February 2014, 03:51 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

I understand horns for the car but the beaming effect I couldn't live with for too long, same with ribbon tweeters... good luck anyway.

and whatever you find out im using for my car..

Hide this!Advertise here!