need a 90 dB 1,5" soft dome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI inductor,
why not, excuse me?

I have jet done similar in the past and it works fine and can handle enough power.. :p
In any case I use only 1st order or Subctractive Delayed Transient Perfect filters ( JOHN KRESKOWSKY IS A GENIUS!) in all NEM speakers...:cool:

This is why IMHO our spekers sounds better tahn others ...:cool:
Jet confrontated with Magico, TAD, Jim Lab,Avalon, Sonus Faber, Chario, Opera, , Thiel ,Vandersteen,Duntech, Dunlavy ed ESLs + active subwoofers... :eek:

I HAVE passed 10.00o hours at simulator for x-overs in the last 15 years, not for nothing...:devily:

If the midrange can't be employed I simply swap for another more robust with lower Fs...:vampire:

CHEERS,

(...)
If the midrange can't be employed I simply swap for another more robust with lower Fs...:vampire:

CHEERS,
You can do that with the tweeter from the previous post, if I understand it right... :confused:
You don't explain your ideas in full (text) and I'm not aware of your designs.
I expect to be talking about the same things than you...
When you said (a trap in the Fs), I assumed was the tweeter Fs, that kind of design is not a good idea, if not please accept apologies. :D

You can do that with the tweeter from the previous post, if I understand it right... :confused:
You don't explain your ideas in full (text) and I'm not aware of your designs.
I expect to be talking about the same things than you...
When you said (a trap in the Fs), I assumed was the tweeter Fs, that kind of design is not a good idea, if not please accept apologies. :D

HI Inductor,
yes the LC trap is at Fs. I hav esuccsefully experimented many times and it works fine :cool:

cheers

P.S.. for all : I rest firm on 6 dB/oct slope only,
yet experimentated all possible filters and my listen test are univoque

P.P.S..this is IMHO another Thread : " 6 dB/ oct : do you have never tried it?":D

This is why IMHO our spekers sounds better tahn others ...:cool:

P.P.S..this is IMHO another Thread : " 6 dB/ oct : do you have never tried it?":D

Sir don't get me wrong, I do not mean to challenge you but

a. I went to your website and did not find any products ready for sale, what I found were the some model names like CM0, CM1, FM1, and the statement that your speakers are in " are in early design stage". If or not your speakers are equal to better to others should be the decision of a 3rd party right? We are all expected to biased favourably to our own designs.

b. I assume you mean a 6db electrical slope. If so when a 6db electrical slope combines with the natural slope of a driver the effective slope usually exceeds 6db/oct. The challenge I have found with a 6db/oct electrical filter is power handling and in the case of mids and tweeters excursion.

c. as far as LCR traps are concerned, the only time I tried to use such a trap was with the 9900 (the notch was around 500hz if I remember right - this was in the mid 90s) and I found that the tweeter sounded better without the notch filter in place. Since in the end the sound matters most, I eliminated the notch.

6 true acoustic dB/octave x-overs

Sir don't get me wrong, I do not mean to challenge you but

a. I went to your website and did not find any products ready for sale, what I found were the some model names like CM0, CM1, FM1, and the statement that your speakers are in " are in early design stage". If or not your speakers are equal to better to others should be the decision of a 3rd party right? We are all expected to biased favourably to our own designs.

You are right. time to build final speakers is needed .Prototypes are sounding excellent from 2 months , but patience, please, just a pair of months...:)

b. I assume you mean a 6db electrical slope. If so when a 6db electrical slope combines with the natural slope of a driver the effective slope usually exceeds 6db/oct. The challenge I have found with a 6db/oct electrical filter is power handling and in the case of mids and tweeters excursion.

NO,absolutely.
My speakers are all ACOUSTICALLY first order , like Thiel,Vandersteen, Duntech ;Dunlavy ,3A,etc.
We do not have any type of problem with power handling..
in fact we like plays AC/DC live at realistic volume in big room:cool:

c. as far as LCR traps are concerned, the only time I tried to use such a trap was with the 9900 (the notch was around 500hz if I remember right - this was in the mid 90s) and I found that the tweeter sounded better without the notch filter in place. Since in the end the sound matters most, I eliminated the notch.

Mine experiences with LC or LRC traps are long and 100% positive.

cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.