ADS L620 CONVERSION TO EMINENCE BETA 10CX REFLEX DESIGN - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th October 2013, 04:27 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ADS L620 CONVERSION TO EMINENCE BETA 10CX REFLEX DESIGN

Hi Everyone,
I had a left over ADS L620 Enclosures in my closet and pulled then out as the tweeters were both bad, and I never really liked the muffled woofer, So I came up with a new design for a point source full range, but however, I was concerned with the fact that even Audio Nirvana claims to have a complete full frequency response smooth all the way up; in other words He said the drivers are some of the best in the world. Now, We all know that one driver cannot deliver the full spectrum without any peaks, cone breakup, etc, sibilance, shout, at higher Volume levels, So, I thought why not go with a Co-Axial driver!? still will be a point source application! I will be using PAudio compression drivers which already Sound just awesome! So, here is the cabinet conversion! I did a bassbox pro6 simulation with a 49 liters volume enclosure and lowered the box tuning Port to 28hz, But, the f3 is around 79, So, if it can play music down to 40hz I am happy! I have a sub/Bass Horn that will go to about 28hz, So we are set! I will be using a Scott 200b for the Eminence 10cx, and a 2-watt SET amp for the compression drivers with a 2-way rack crossover. This is going to be Part of my home HiFi Stereo setup, and I like to know if at possible if these speakers are going to disappear? How would you make this speaker setup disappear? Any thought's will be appreciated! Since I am almost done with one of them! Oh, I have seen photos of the ADEIR'S 12.1's and they took the dust cap off, And I want to too, and make the necessary corrections that Eminence FAILED to do in Engineering these drivers without thinking thru the fact that the voice coil former,the edge of the conical aluminum waveguide should have a taper to it, and the edge should not have protruded past the inner edge of the woofer cone! What was Eminence thinking? Bad Engineering? Anyway, thanks for your input! Pianolydia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADS CONVERSION.jpg (722.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg ADS EMINENCE BETA 10CX.jpg (590.6 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by pianolydia; 6th October 2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Box revised simulation because of miscalculation error
Old 6th October 2013, 06:23 PM   #2
sreten is offline sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Seems a decent plan, though I'd invert the boxes for a lower stand.

rgds, sreten.

You may need some line level passive EQ for BSC and response
adjustment as well as the single frequency active crossover.

Last edited by sreten; 6th October 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 7th October 2013, 01:20 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreten View Post
Hi,

Seems a decent plan, though I'd invert the boxes for a lower stand.

rgds, sreten.

You may need some line level passive EQ for BSC and response
adjustment as well as the single frequency active crossover.

Good Point! There are 2- roads to travel Active or passive! or Combination of both! Now, ADS Say's the way they designed the baffle takes care of the BSC factor, but what about passive EQ? Well some people would say, the best crossover is no crossover! In our case, we are Bi-Amping, and we can control the volume of each drivers that helps in overall loudness of the drivers, I would be tempted to run the eminence as a full range no crossover and just run a 8.6mF cap on the PAudios bringing them to about 2800hz roll off, 6db first order and see what happens? or get a good rack mount behringer with delay adjustments and variable freq, adjustments to taylor too your room! I have a listening room My Living room. it is 3/4 dead 1/4 "live" and I like it that way! usually about a 1/8 of a second delay except my sofa area it's dead!

Hide this!Advertise here!