help with Hypex HS200 and new sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I turned on the power and nothing... there is no sound coming from my new subwoofer.

Here are the details... this is a used Hypex HS200 and a new 12" Soniccraft SCC300 driver that I bought from reliable sources... so I expect are functional. I'm connecting the subwoofer to my 2-channel stereo consisting of:
* BentAudio TX102 pre-amp
* AKSA 100W mono-blocks
* Ellis 1801 satellites

I bought a 12' subwoofer cable and y-adapter from RS. I have the Y-adapter connected to the R-channel output from my pre-amp. One leg goes to the IC to my amplifier. The other leg goes to the subwoofer input.

I'm going to try to use the high-pass crossover, connecting directly from pre-amp to sub-in and sub-out to my satellite amps. Is this correct?

What are the high-power in connectors? They look like speaker binding posts.

I wish I had the manual. I appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Al

HS 200

Hi,
I do have the HS 200 plate amp running in my ALUMASUB for a couple years now. As far as I remember the sub isn't soldered to the amp but rather screwed/connected to two small clamps on the PCB. Those are almost hard to detect and are not comparable to speaker binding posts or something like that, I used solid core copper cable of 1,5mm (don't know the equivalent in AWG).
To check the amp you can also run regular speaker cables from your amp to the highpower IN (what looks líke binding posts on the plate amp).

BTW, how to do you like that Bent Audio passive pre?

Good luck,
Oliver

Thanks for the advice. I was trying the wrong PCB.

I love my BentAudio pre-amp. Very natural sounding with deep/wide soundstage and surprisingly deep/extended/tight bass. It bested several expensive solid state preamps and tube preamps that I tried.

I wish I could have auditioned the AKSA GK1. But my wife really liked the ease of using the BentAudio... there's no warm up time, worrying about turning off the amps first, etc. So, it's easier for the entire family to use.

I can't wait to get this sub built. Then, I'll really be happy with my 2.1 home theater system.

Regards,

Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.