Bass Driver Options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Had a bored weekend, did a bit of CAD:

The Layout as an Active 2.5 way (Active on Volt/Veravox crossover an passive on the ribbon)

CAD: Drivers for Active Model Mk1 by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

CAD: Drivers for Active Model Mk1 by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

CAD: Active Model Mk1 by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

CAD: Active Model Mk1 by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

With the Veravox/Fountek cabinets already done:

Veravox / Fountek by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

I am picking up the Radian, Stereolab and MiniDSP on Thursday, but actually thinking that this configuration might be a better option, we will see!

Nice clamps.

Is that a nice way of saying that the speakers aren't really up to par in your opinion?

If you were british that would definitely the correct interpretation but recently I saw something about cultural differences between North America and the UK when it comes to comments. For example:

If a US manager tells you that "This is a brave proposal." it means exactly that and you will probably go far within the company but if the a british manager says the exact same thing it really means "You drop another one like this and you'll need to find new employment elsewhere very soon!".;-)

I was actually commenting on the 'clamps' attached to the horns in that pic.

I thought so because it would have been very much out of character for you to say something nasty about other peoples efforts in speaker building.

That said if you were british (and not a moderator) I would have had no doubt whatsoever that it was a veiled insult! ;-)

Still find it slightly odd that someone would comment on something like a bog standard sash clamp. Being a welder/fabricator sash clamps are one of the most basic tools of my trade.
Don't you use those things in Canada?

(Sorry for the OT btw)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.