Speaker Brands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey ya'll. I posted here a while ago about building a mic preamp/mixer.. just decided to keep my eyes open and get a used one.. got one.. anyways.. I now need some (1 or 2) speakers for the thing. On ebay there seem to be a lot of 12"-15"/2-3 way speakers under the name of Gemini. I did some google searching and it looked like most people said they were decent, especially for the price (12" 2-way carpeted speaker for 59 bucks!) Anyone know anything about this brand? By the way, I'm not looking for professional quality speakers, I just need some that sound decent (for band practice in my basement) Advice would be appreciated!

-Mike

I suspect your unlikely to get a reply from anyone.

So if they are cheap and you've found reports saying they
are not too bad, its up to you. The good stuff is expensive.
The point is to avoid the bad stuff, and only pay top dollar
for the genuinely good stuff. (from an old duffer)

:) sreten.

Avoid Gemini speakers like the plague,because they are built using poor quality crappy parts trying to be professional audio.

Found some Gemini speakers on a skip,and now i know why the person chucked them away.
Foam surround,no vented pole piece,1/2 inch chipboard cabinet,low power handling.All things to avoid in professional audio.
Avoid Peavey too,they are awfully made too and sound muffled.

JBL Soundfactor SF15 i'm sure u can get em cheap on E-bay.
And also for pa Behringer B1520 and B1220 are made pretty well made using 1 inch thick MDF cab[heavily braced] and using Beyma bass and Selenium Compression tweeter drivers.
And P.Audio sell some pretty good pa speakers too[moulded polyproplene cabs]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.