Newby Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bare with me, I have never built any sort of home speakers. I am looking to build some tower speakers. I have been researching for the past couple weeks and have read great things about the Statements and a few others, however I am not a big fan of how they look (simple rectangular towers). All of the DIY designs and kits I have seen are pretty simple boxes. I am looking to build something a little more unique (ie Echelons, Avalon Isis, etc). I have the skills and access to the tools to build the cabinets, I just do not know much about the speaker side/crossover. I am looking to spend $400-600 on them not including the material for the cabinet (I know that is not very much). Any ideas or designs out there that have the unique cabinets I am looking for?

PS - These are probably some of my favorite speakers I have found and are basically what I am looking to accomplish. I know that they are way over my budget but designs wise...

ELL_0108.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.