Bass Reflex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These days all we see on the board is people chosing their drivers, complaining on effitiency or simply talkative people who needs to tell how they feel. Well, I was looking for a nice ''port'' FAQ article when I realized how it is impossible to find what we're looking for on this board when we search about port and related... Few days ago I heard about port ratio for the first time and I've been building loudspeakers for 2 years now, which is alot for me;) to have a such a demanding hobby. There is actually alot of info to be awared of when you're computing a ported box. I'm not trying to solve any problem with one of my project, I just want to make things clear about bass reflex...

How about talking of BS bases...Cuz it's so mixtup allover the board:(

-Driver's suitability...Q under say 0.5 and ...
-Multiple port VS single one VS bigger one VS air pressure and other blabla I just can't explain...
-Inside damping/lining effects
-Bracing port, a good idea ?
-What else :scratch:

Go for it guys!

Here Is My 2 Cents.....................

I generally use drivers with a QTS anywhere from
0.3 to 0.4 for Bass Reflex Enclosures.

I use a sizable box, so, I will get a flat response of
the desired frequency, without help from using an
equalizer.

I damp all my enclosures. I just perfer the sound of
a damped box, over a nondamped box.

I use two ports over one port to prevent wind noise,
and, compression. Actually, the port can cause more
harm than good if it cannot release the proper amount
of air under high spl use.

As for bracing, I'm a strong believer for bracing. However,
I won't brace the cab to the point that I loose too much
internal chamber volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.