3-way open baffle project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I started to buy speakers for OB project that looks like this:

Panel 125/83 cm
Bass: 2x Eminence Alpha 15A
Medium: Monacor SPX-200WP
Tweeter: Monacor DT-300 + WG-300

I really need help with the crossover from them. Waiting and any other suggestions as it is my first project of this kind.

Thank you!

+++ or 4x10Hd

It is a very very challenging task for passive xo and you need to do many many tweaks during setup! You will 3-4 (sub?) amplifier channels too and lots of nominal power because of poor efficiency - expect 12-18dB loss because of dipole correction.

........ first project of this kind.........

To do this perfectly isn't going to be easy. You will have to do a lot of reading too. You might need to understand all the issues at hand and then implement them and come back when you come across problems. That makes it easier for others to help you.

Look up Tech
There are other threads too with results of various OB builds. Do a search on this web site. All this material will keep you busy for a while I guess !;)
All the best.

Hello! Here are some results "with a little help from my friends" - Jerome69, Pano and Rudolf. Thank you again!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 402
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 386
:D:eek:And it's screaming
dd-dd-dd-diffraction !

Edit: Oh man ! there's also the "8 shape" lobing helping not to make it happen so consistently
If the graphics of a dipole radiation might superimpose on the picture..
Is there a rear tweeter ?

Not yet!

In fact affter finished my third attempt to build this OB (the one in the pictures) everybody (family, friends) seems to be really impressed. Now after 3 month of listening I know what I want to improve: the mid and the tweeter. When I say that I want to improve them it is not because they sound bad. It is because I want more. So I am open to any advise/help.

Thank you all!

is there any reason why tweeter and mid are so far apart? usually these should be as close as possible
The 1.0 and the 2.0 attempt of this OB was with the mid up near the tweeter. I was not satisfied with the sound of the mid and moving the mid way down improved a lot the sound. I didn't changed the tweeter position after that but there is room for improvement in the 4.0 version.
I will try three different drivers in the next month and I will post the results.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.