diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Multi-Way (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   Waveguide for XT25 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/242093-waveguide-xt25.html)

pjblakey 7th September 2013 11:02 AM

Waveguide for XT25
 
I am thinking of experimenting with a 2 way using Vifa XT25 and Vifa P21 8" woofer.
Does anyone here know where I can find a suitable waveguide profile for the XT25? I will probably turn a couple on a wood lathe.
Cheers
Peter

wesayso 7th September 2013 11:13 AM

I'd start looking here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi...lots-pics.html

gornir 7th September 2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjblakey (Post 3623100)
I am thinking of experimenting with a 2 way using Vifa XT25 and Vifa P21 8" woofer.
Does anyone here know where I can find a suitable waveguide profile for the XT25? I will probably turn a couple on a wood lathe.
Cheers
Peter

Here you have some nice waveguides for the XT tweeter:

Waveguide VP158/5030 for XT Tweeter

If you don't "master" the German language, use google translation here: ;)

German to English

/Göran

SpinMonster 7th September 2013 12:33 PM

Elliptical wave guides offer more low end lift being able to be wider with a closer center to center driver spacing and controlled limited vertical dispersion

pjblakey 7th September 2013 12:34 PM

Many thanks for the links-very helpful. It would be very cost effective to purchase, but I would still like to diy some on a lathe. I have some thick cherry boards just waiting!
Peter

pjblakey 7th September 2013 12:36 PM

Good point, Spinmonster

SpinMonster 7th September 2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjblakey (Post 3623164)
Many thanks for the links-very helpful. It would be very cost effective to purchase, but I would still like to diy some on a lathe. I have some thick cherry boards just waiting!
Peter

That would look amazing. Please post pics of it.

Charles Darwin 7th September 2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gornir (Post 3623139)
Here you have some nice waveguides for the XT tweeter:

Waveguide VP158/5030 for XT Tweeter

If you don't "master" the German language, use google translation here: ;)

German to English

/Göran

Damn they are expensive.
Would be cheaper in Europe to get the Dave Pellegrene (hope I spelled that right!) ones even if you were hit by everything the customs people could possibly throw at you.
If you are in North America I think the choice is a no brainer.

That said they look VERY solid indeed!

tuxedocivic 7th September 2013 02:14 PM

The xt25 is very happy in a waveguide. You can turn almost any size and shape and it'll work. Try some plywood and if the response is good cut the cherry.

pjblakey 7th September 2013 02:40 PM

Spinmonster...
The elliptical ones you use look really good.
I was thinking of about 8" round WG purely for appearance sake, and possibly overlap the 8" woofer a la Troels' TQWT. How critical is the center to center distance for the 2 drivers?
Peter


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2