Waveguide for XT25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking of experimenting with a 2 way using Vifa XT25 and Vifa P21 8" woofer.
Does anyone here know where I can find a suitable waveguide profile for the XT25? I will probably turn a couple on a wood lathe.
Cheers
Peter

Here you have some nice waveguides for the XT tweeter:

Waveguide VP158/5030 for XT Tweeter

If you don't "master" the German language, use google translation here: ;)

German to English

/Göran

Here you have some nice waveguides for the XT tweeter:

Waveguide VP158/5030 for XT Tweeter

If you don't "master" the German language, use google translation here: ;)

German to English

/Göran

Damn they are expensive.
Would be cheaper in Europe to get the Dave Pellegrene (hope I spelled that right!) ones even if you were hit by everything the customs people could possibly throw at you.
If you are in North America I think the choice is a no brainer.

That said they look VERY solid indeed!

I already have 32 ltr floorstanders built out of 7/8" cherry with thick mdf baffles. They have served briefly as test cabinets to accommodate different ideas. Trying to emulate my long standing reference Apogee Centaurs. The Vifa woofers cae out of the Centaurs when I converted them to reflex cabinets similar to the Slant.
I think a matching cherry WG on the black baffle would look rather cool.
Peter

Spinmonster...
The elliptical ones you use look really good.
I was thinking of about 8" round WG purely for appearance sake, and possibly overlap the 8" woofer a la Troels' TQWT. How critical is the center to center distance for the 2 drivers?
Peter

An 8" with an 8" woofer is ok to 1600hz cross overs but there isnt a clean 8" woofer that matches the performance of the tweeter with a guide. I also see no low end benefit if it being used with a sub.

The elliptical is the perfect dispersion. At 10 feet there is no fall off standing on my couch or sitting on the floor so no performance gain is had by using a round one. Performance is supposed to be better limiting floor and ceiling reflections.

I call it the other way thinking the elliptical looks better. I ceretainly dont like when round ones are cut. His appears to use a 6" guide with a 8" midbass. They look good but not my taste

Last edited:
What the hell is that post above! My 2 years old must have posted it through my Ipod :(

BTW, I'm looking for possibility to run XT25 second order around 700Hz to 800Hz, and am looking for the cross section plan for the waveguide. Any one have such a drawing?

ADD: Twister WG seems to be too long for XT25?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.