Synergy Horns. No drawbacks, no issues?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fresh apples and ripe oranges I believe. A comparison between Synergies and two way speakers with compression horn drivers? Seems odd. The Summas may compare well with others of that ilk and do very well, but these designs have very little in common.
Thanks!

Oddly enough, the two speakers couldn't sound more different. Danley has frequently mentioned that the crossover in the Synergies evolved quite a bit after he made the Unities, and I am inclined to agree. To me, the Synergy Horns sounded closer to my Vandersteens than to the Summas. The Lambda Unity horns sound quite similar to the Summas I think.

I guess what I'm saying is don't focus on the geometry of the Synergy horn; focus on the crossover. I have a hunch that you could use the same driver arrangement as an SH-50, and it wouldn't sound the same unless you got the xover right. And I also believe that you could probably get a lot of the same performance out of a humble coaxial if you understood what's going on in the crossover.

Apparently, Danley switched to Faital-Pro compression drivers and woofers.

Attachments

• SH96 with Faital.jpg
    SH96 with Faital.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 427
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.