Searching for 2/3-way project guide - Please help :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I am new around here and i'm trying to find an 2/3-way system project guide
The speakers will use in my apartment which around 5m*4m space.

This is my first project and by a small research that i did i was impressed of the JH3-R project, but I cannot find details or guide of this project.
The only thing that i found is that : JH3 Reference 3-way listening impressions… - Jim Holtz - Speaker Asylum

My budget is around 500$ because this is my first project...

I'll be grateful to get recommendation for good guides that will raise pleasure for my ears

Thanks in advance!
:D
Best Regards,
Alon

Forget vifa design. With 350 bucks for xo and drivers you can build er18dxt using seas drivers. Alternatively find an audax hm130 design. These woofers cost 200 bucks a pair. Above that you have scanspeak costing 400 bucks a pair and you may run out of budget. Just pick the er18dxt and hopefully you can live with it happily for quite a long time

Hey Guys ! Thanks for your help!
I checked and found kit including the DXT but the woofers are U18RNX/P (H1571)
Is that also can fix to the ER18DXT design?or to stay with the original part.. or else the audax hm130 design?

sorry for all the questions..as i said im a newbie ..

Welcome!

alonper,
I would recommend my fist build the ZX Spectrum by Paul Carmody!

You can find information on my build log and Paul's website.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/201994-paul-carmondis-zx-spectrum-first-build-pics.html

https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/zx-spectrum

You can find a kit from Meniscus Audio
ZX Spectrum

Meniscus' kit however lacks better capacitors and the Neo3 PDRW version of the tweeter.

I used SoniCaps, Mills Resistor, inside insulation and the Neo3 PDRW... and I have to tell you that they sound amazing!

A piece of advice from my first project.... it ended up costing me more since I wanted to use nice parts and I did not include necessities in my project that I didn't think about.

make sure that you include in your budget.
- wiring
- feet
- hardware (screws or nails)
- glue
- inside insulation
- glue gun for parts or fasteners
- tools?
- painting or laminating the things as well!

my $350 budget ended up going to $550-$600 (also because of mistakes)... but totally worth it!

Hi! i just asked if another version of seas - the U18RNX/P (H1571) are also welcomed and fit for this design (instead the Seas ER18RNX)?
No. Changing drivers means you'll have to redesign the crossover.

Regarding the cabinet design -
I would like to build them by myself and in the page i cannot find detailed plan of the cabinet...
what should i do?
If you look carefully in the link provided, you'll find the relevant info: baffle dimensions (8.5"x14"), the precise position of the drivers on the baffle, and the box internal volume (0.5 cu ft = 14L). It's up to you to calculate the box depth depending on the material thickness, just don't modify the baffle, best use 18-20 mm material. Hope this helps.
Ralf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.