Paradigm 11se Mk3 - Worth trying active crossover and bi-amp / tri-amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Paradigm 11se Mk3's that I have owned since new that have and do serve me well. I have been reading more and more about the possible benefits of removing the passive crossovers and going with active systems and multiple amplifiers, either bi-amped using one active crossover point and the passive HF crossover or a full tri-amped system with fully active crossovers.

I have no issue with the amplifiers themselves, either commercial or DIY, nor the active crossovers. My question is this, does one use the same frequency and slope of the original passive one or is there some needed changes when switching from passive to active? The current frequencies are 550Hz, second order and 1.9kHz third order with no information pertaining to any phase correction.

Anyone have experience with these or similar? If there is real potential for improvement I'd like to consider giving such a conversion a try.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.