mid-woofer replace suggestion for MS Konsens II - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th July 2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Polios is offline Polios  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default mid-woofer replace suggestion for MS Konsens II

Hello
please if you can help me I have built the following kit MS Konsens II by Intertechnik
ftp://radiozona.myftp.org/Radiotehni...nsens%20II.htm
MS KONSENS II Gehuse
MS KONSENS II Frequenzgang
MS KONSENS II Weiche
my daughter broke down the mid-woofer SEAS Wt 171 and will have to replace the speaker that is no longer manufactured contacted the intertechnik and the Seas for what speaker they suggest but no answer. I do not know many of these things I just like the construction.
if you kindly suggest me some speaker preferably with the same diameter as not to spoil the box regardless of the brand that fits the characteristics of my speakers
if necessary I replace both and the good from the other speaker.
Thank you very much for your time
Pavlos

Last edited by Polios; 26th July 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 26th July 2013, 06:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

REPAIR/RECONE: Before we go for a replacement check for a repair of that driver (or pair) or recone with a professional repair shop. You have the second item (pair) what is useful for any detailed measurement needed (before/after).

REPLACEMENT: First would be important to identify this driver to match it with it's complete specs (electro-acoustic parameters).
Also at this time check (post in forum) for the size, internal/external diameter, or if matches the size of a standard reference driver.

Now, for some links. Identify your driver first to match correct spec-sheet or most similar. Here some vintage list of SEAS drivers.
SEAS VINTAGE PRESTIGE WOOFERS

Is your driver in anyway similar to this one? What is the reference number for it (H####)?
SEAS H0630 CC17RC (17 cm woofer) we can read this reference in the bottom: W17-101. Is it a paper cone?! After identifying the driver is less difficult to go for a similar/equivalent.
Another interesting link on similar driver. Seas WT 171 H634 (XP)
After all, without the proper driver, it's a very difficult job and time consuming, almost impossible for a newbie, not running some simulations and reverse engineering of a complete speaker system.
Old 27th July 2013, 07:41 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inductor View Post
REPAIR/RECONE: Before we go for a replacement check for a repair of that driver (or pair) or recone with a professional repair shop. You have the second item (pair) what is useful for any detailed measurement needed (before/after).

REPLACEMENT: First would be important to identify this driver to match it with it's complete specs (electro-acoustic parameters).
Also at this time check (post in forum) for the size, internal/external diameter, or if matches the size of a standard reference driver.

Now, for some links. Identify your driver first to match correct spec-sheet or most similar. Here some vintage list of SEAS drivers.
SEAS VINTAGE PRESTIGE WOOFERS

Is your driver in anyway similar to this one? What is the reference number for it (H####)?
SEAS H0630 CC17RC (17 cm woofer) we can read this reference in the bottom: W17-101. Is it a paper cone?! After identifying the driver is less difficult to go for a similar/equivalent.
Another interesting link on similar driver. Seas WT 171 H634 (XP)
After all, without the proper driver, it's a very difficult job and time consuming, almost impossible for a newbie, not running some simulations and reverse engineering of a complete speaker system.
thank you very much for your answer i post some photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050510.JPG (125.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg P1050511.JPG (108.2 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg P1050512.JPG (126.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 27th July 2013, 08:15 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

the speaker was make a noise chrrrrrr chrrrr the cone looks like it has move at the side and touch the metal my mistake was that i heat it with a hairdryer but i uglify it it still works and sounds better less chrrrrr and at high volume but i need to replace it
thanks Pavlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050513 (2).JPG (299.3 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by Polios; 27th July 2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 27th July 2013, 08:22 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050514.JPG (220.6 KB, 56 views)
Old 27th July 2013, 08:38 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

still have the kit instructions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050515.JPG (398.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P1050516.JPG (639.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1050517.JPG (334.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1050518.JPG (647.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1050519.jpg (601.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1050520.JPG (224.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 27th July 2013, 09:49 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Seas H 643-08 T17RCYP-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polios View Post
still have the kit instructions
Grateful for your concern and nice postings of your document set but what we need is the full driver specs.
Something like the specs linked below.
You should know that the material of the cone is a "PP/TPX based cone" (look here) that you find in some of the old and new Seas drivers but the physical exterior dimensions are now "18" in the modern drivers and not "17" (170.4mm).

The Seas vintage drives might not be commercialized anymore but you can try always contacting the source at SEAS.
I made a list of the vintage Seas drivers that would be valid equivalent drivers both in T/S specs and physical dimensions. Notice that they are discontinued. Using a different driver requires a new crossover/testing/simulation of a new speaker and components+drivers. Some newbies don't understand that, they are the "dummies"...
Now to start the list the most close in spec driver that I found follow next by the other similar references to your driver.
Seas H0627 P17RC/TV
H0352 P17RCY
H0548 P17RCY/P
H0571 CB17RCY/P

Note: If you know of someone speaking Russian try this link. Always run payments with controlled bank accounts (bank transfer operation), don't give away your credit card number.
Post results. Have fun.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Seas H 643-08 T17RCYP-H.gif (66.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 27th July 2013, 10:11 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

The Seas H571 you may find it here.
SEAS Prestige Midwoofer W17PPI phaseplug - 135,47EUR in Italy
Seas - Audiokit E-commerce - Vendita componenti elettronici
Link for the above W17PPI/Seas Woofer-Midrange loudspeaker W 17 PPI H571
Attached Images
File Type: gif W17PPI Seas Woofer-Midrange loudspeaker W 17 PPI H571.gif (150.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Inductor; 27th July 2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: pic
Old 28th July 2013, 04:57 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thank you so much appreciate your help and your quick response you are great
I think the one for the best solution is Intertechnik the company that design this kit they can tell me what fit there. i have already send them email with all above details and ask them if they can help me with money of course I hope they have after sales service.
if not i will need your here.
thank you so much for your time
Pavlos
Old 28th July 2013, 05:21 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Pavlos,
You are welcome.

Hide this!Advertise here!