ESS woofer 12" and ESS 10" frequency response..majbe someone lovers -fan has made it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ESS woofer 12" and ESS 10" frequency response..majbe someone lovers -fan has made it?

HI,
I would be very , very, happy to see the measured MLS frequency response of the ESS 12" (more important) and ESS 10" woofer (less important ,but equally very appreciated :).:cool:

If some kind lovers of the glorious Brand of California know someone wich have tested they ,
I ask if , very kindely , can post the graphs ( frequency, impedance , T/S parameters);)
Majbe a DIY magazines test, i accept everithing!!;)

thanks in advanced,:)

P.S.: I have asked to ESS, but no response....:(

Paolo 1968 VENEZIA ITALY:D

I've never seen one and I've poked around for it. They're not that appealing, with one exception- they're at a rare spot- higher efficiency but not pro- there aren't that many 91-92dB woofers around. That means you can ask 30-40hz bass out of them without the giant resonant enclosures pro drivers need to hit that mark.

Isn't that the one with the Great Heil AMT on top? If so I listened to it also, quite a bit of material played through them, over the course of a day. That AMT is a classic to this day for good reason. I was left with it sounding slow, not matching up to the dynamics of the AMT well at all.
For the day 800 up it was one of the best.

At the end of the day I wanted to slap on an ad hoc mid and lower the woofers crossover point.

Isn't that the one with the Great Heil AMT on top? If so I listened to it also, quite a bit of material played through them, over the course of a day. That AMT is a classic to this day for good reason. I was left with it sounding slow, not matching up to the dynamics of the AMT well at all.
For the day 800 up it was one of the best.

At the end of the day I wanted to slap on an ad hoc mid and lower the woofers crossover point.

I heard them in the music auditorium at the college I was attending at the time. It could have been my listening position - about 20 feet away - because the sound was surprisingly well integrated. But I can see where the off axis response (and ambiance) of the 12" driver at 800hz is probably horrible in an average home listening room.

I heard them in the music auditorium at the college I was attending at the time. It could have been my listening position - about 20 feet away - because the sound was surprisingly well integrated. But I can see where the off axis response (and ambiance) of the 12" driver at 800hz is probably horrible in an average home listening room.

Listened to them in a home.... (in ground vault) studio setup by pro's. Large open space, golden ratio with a nice balance of diffraction/reflection, with corner bass absorbers and a suspended concrete ceiling. There were no openings outside this space, sealed with two solid core steel doors heavily damped. One from the foyer area at the base of the stairs and one to the equipement room that was in the back next to the stairway door made of reinforced concrete block. Bob's place was special in that he didn't believe in live end/dead end that was all the rage at the time :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.