Wiring on a crossover? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd July 2013, 09:55 AM   #11
oszkar is offline oszkar  Romania
diyAudio Member

Here are some more pictures of them...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040653.jpg (884.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg P1040659.jpg (653.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg P1040660.jpg (980.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P1040661.jpg (985.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 4th July 2013, 03:52 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

You know, the reason I am troubled is i can not find a correct specsheet for the HECO Crossovers to who I wrote an e-Mail and did not write back, but what i know is that they are 4 ohm but not for sure, for the ASCADA7 the crosovers says 4-8ohm so mine might be aswell 4-8! As I said to make this more clear!
1. I wanted these spaekers so bad that I totld myself before sleep that I will get them or get me making a replica of them!
2. I could of bought Focal Cobalt but these were more interesting and loving to me
3. I listen to electronica stuf and deviation from the musical curent today so allittle boom with some spiked highs just fly by my ears and make me happy!
4. The high you guys I am telling you I get no gap into listening places because there are 2 tweeters, the rest electrical - mechanical stuff is for you to tell if something might give way to damage in to time like higgh distorsion that might break the tweeters in time because of the mechanical stress
5. If someone knows how to turn them into 8 ohm speakers with what I have , I mean some data for the crossover would help if anybody has them
6. the cases are 118 x 30 x 32cm H x W x D, braced and fonic proofed on the inside as one side wall and the top from the top of the speaker is covered with dampening material aswell as the back cover!
I do not think these are so bad!
Btw. this week I am getting the midranges cabinets with the fastening screws, the l/r orientation ornaments, and the front grilles!
I an sařing that we should get first the crossover specificatios and than try go further!
Thank you, hope it was at great help!

Last edited by oszkar; 4th July 2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 4th July 2013, 04:11 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

re:"we should get first the crossover specificatios and than try go further!" - the parameters of the drivers would be a better place to start...
Old 4th July 2013, 04:41 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

All that I have left is some data for the tweeters, t/s from monacor website for the midranges SP 90 modell, and basses I have them posted on the net! But do they need recalculation if I do not plan on going on other crossovers? I mean if it is so bad I am selling them for weddings and parties and buying a pair of Monitor RS, Cobalt and that is about it!

Sorry just that I feel that I am keepping you guyis in place when stepping must be made!

Every speaker into one of this units is 8 ohm. The main problem here it was that I could not find and I could not find in any shape or form components for these only 3,6 bellcore, 0,4 aircoil, gauge not known caps by a factor of only 1000 bigger, and when asked I was told that they never bring other values ceramic resistance not to talk further in terms of resistance wattage and dimensions.

Thank you!

Last edited by oszkar; 4th July 2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old 4th July 2013, 04:48 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Here are t/s for bass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DATA_13022078.jpg (144.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DATA_13022079.jpg (146.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 4th July 2013, 11:50 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Picture one driver one and driver two picture two driver three and driver four
Old 7th July 2013, 12:42 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Oh come on people! I listen only at 5 watts but did not have the space to deploy the 5, 7,or 9.1 home cinema system! The mids send sound almost in surround configuration! Just want to know if someone knows how to have it properly done, at the end of the wire coming out of the speaker to have 8ohm! I work from Mo - Sat 12 hrs a day and afterwards take care of my projects and i still have to sort my room, gadgets and take care of my speakers!

Last edited by oszkar; 7th July 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 7th July 2013, 12:57 PM   #18
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

5W can be a lot depending on how you measured that !

I regularly listen at average levels of 100mW to 500mW.

By the time I have the average level up to around 1W to 2W from a 50W to 65W chipamp I can hear that the chipamp is not at all happy.

5W of average level from a 100W discrete amplifier would be clipping on some signals and again not happy listening.
Old 8th July 2013, 03:16 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

This or that?! NPI (just taking out some stress of the situation).
I think is better for you to ask one question at a time... or asking more effective questions to let us some feedback opportunity, if not...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg catrog.jpeg (9.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg aliens.jpeg (6.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 8th July 2013, 04:08 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Well to say it so I would not like to have the midranges in the wrong phase and 2. I would like to have 8ohm at the end of the wire. could I?

Hide this!Advertise here!