Found on Ebay - fact or fiction?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If he weren't British

he should have been born in the USA... lots of bs but it sure pays off.
He has sold quite a few units so far!
By the way, he does expo's, has potential customer social gatherings etc... a Belgian friend of mine, working in London, went to an RLP
(Resolution Lstening Party) and he went home after signing the orderform!

J-P

These speakers have been thrown around these kind of forums for months now. I am surprised they are still getting the reaction they do, I mean so what if someone wants to call them the best. Best is subjective. You can't be thrown in jail for your opinion.

Gosh, I heard Bose were the best too.

One other little thing,
Has anyone listened to them?

Judge not unless willing to stand for judgement

Cal

BTW: They probably are a POS, but not for me to say untill I have heard.

Cal,
I for one still think it is the greatest load of rubbish I've read in a long time and I agree, most of what you read extolling the virtues of loudspeakers is subjective! This particular speaker though does look like a very cheap and nasty bit of kit being passed off as hi-end quality in order to catch the gullible purchaser.
BTW, I've just been listening to the Vancouver Lord Mayor, Larry Campbell I think the name was, being interviewed on Melbourne morning radio. Apparently Melbourne and Vancouver share the title of 'The Worlds Most Liveable City'. If you've ever been to Melbourne you would say that opinion was subjective indeed!
Cheers,:)

This has got to be the best - taken from the diary section.
"2003 Applied for Patent on the Invention of the loudspeaker"

>was he born in the 1800s? Has he applied for longest living person?

& "Oct 2003 Changed drivers for Gold finish - sound and look better"

>of course the gold ones always sound better!

I guess you can interperet 'best' a number of ways, in this case maybe he means best looking?

Hey theres nothing wrong with being religious

I know i saw this site 6month ago on audioasylum,we just laughed
its one thing to sell a crap product, for a crap price

its another to delude others (and yourself perhaps) and making money of it.

isnt it some kind of wierd tline,that has such attenuated output at 20hz that u mite as well not even have it?>
:rolleyes:

Cheers

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
LOL! Somebody Actually Did It!!

Don't look now, but I think the creator of these was browsing diyAudio and read this account by a fellow who worked for Jensen Automotive Loudspeakers. The link was originally posted in 2002 by Mr. Feedback.

From the article:

"Make a Silk Purse Out of a Sow’s Ear?

I always thought that someone should take a pair of those six dollar 6x9’s, which were really more accurate than most people might guess, put them in a set of beautiful, heavy, rosewood, wool-filled transmission line cabinets with elegant cloth grilles, and market them as minimalist, exotic high-end speakers for $3500 a pair. No crossovers, or any of their associated evils! Imagine the harmonic integrity and all that jazz, however you want to phrase it.

Match them up with a single ended triode amp and some really expensive cables, and somebody would be in audio purist heaven.

(Well, there’s a business idea for somebody! I promise you it has an excellent chance of succeeding, too.)"

http://www.perrymarshall.com/technical/jensenstory.htm

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: LOL! Somebody Actually Did It!!

phibes said:
I've just been listening to the Vancouver Lord Mayor, Larry Campbell I think the name was, being interviewed on Melbourne morning radio. Apparently Melbourne and Vancouver share the title of 'The Worlds Most Liveable City'. If you've ever been to Melbourne you would say that opinion was subjective indeed!

Never been to Melbourne, but i've been to Vancouver -- just a ferry ride away -- we call it the big smoke.

kelticwizard said:
I always thought that someone should take a pair of those six dollar 6x9’s, which were really more accurate than most people might guess, put them in a set of beautiful, heavy, rosewood, wool-filled transmission line cabinets with elegant cloth grilles, and market them as minimalist, exotic high-end speakers

I've got the drivers & the design -- bipolar TL -- is gestating (the drivers didn't cost $6 either (but then they aren't new)). I expect great things from them, but $3,500 for a pr would be a bit of a stretch... (unless you had the attitude of some famous makers :))

A comment from a Full-Ranger who just got a pr off me:

I have had time to get one Delco into a cab similar to Your Ampex cabs (went rummaging thru the basement-pile-stash..LOL) and have one going in "Mono" I can honestly "See" and "Hear" why You grab-these when You run accross them....:) I am just running the one with the box open in back...it sounds so-nice that I haven't even experimented with damping in back of the driver... In short, as You know, these are just a fine example of what FR is all about..:) The Wife was even impressed...."You mean those came from a GM Car..?????...:)

dave

Attachments

• full-rangersx.gif
    full-rangersx.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 354
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.