Found on Ebay - fact or fiction?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My point exactly.... The Pioneers I refferred to are car audio 3-way speakers as well.

To be honest, it really did get me thinking. I am thinking of building a set of straight pipes for 8" full-range speakers anyway. And I could just build a set of pipes with the Pioneers in them as well...

Arne

What an outragous scam :mad:

His frequency response graphs of 'normal' speakers - I refuse to belive that even the cheapest dirt speakers you can buy off the shelf have a >20dB 2-octave gap in the lower midrange.

no separate tweeter to cause parallax and crossover distortions (search the net - you won't find one!).

Umm, he obviously didn't search very hard. And he LIES - down the end of the page is a pic of the drive unit WITH A SEPARATE TWEETER and not only that, it's mounted off-centre!!!

They look nice, that's about it.

:dodgy:

5th element said:
Also notice how he specifies bi wireable, but they use single wire termials, hmmmmmmm very interesting.

They do state on the site that they now have four terminals. I just hope they did get a half decent set of car speakers to do that with...

Some do actually have the option. My Lanzar speakers offer two sets of terminals so you can theoretically bi-amp... I've never actually seen anyone do that in a car though...

Arne

stuff like that just ****es me off. one the guys personal web site he even claims it was made in 89' .....2 years before html was around?? just LOOK at the frequency response. even at its smoothest its bashing up and down 10 db. how does he even think to say that its got a +- .1db between 2hz and 20 khz??? Someone seriously needs to sue this guy fur false advertising....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.