Anyone ever...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, Wiz, I haven't done it...yet.

I was wondering what the results would be like for someone who has. LspCad says a sealed cab of 65 litres with room gain will give an f3 of 32 hz and lots of efficiency (hence the reason for two).

I imagine it would the bass would be pretty tuneful--twang, twang :)

Mos

It seems many are fond of paralleling woofers for bass (and efficiency) performance. Yes, indeed you do not have to solve equations, just invest some money and you will get what you expect.

To me, even if I were not required to pay extra money for an extra woofer, I would not always want to parallel the woofer in a 2.5 way. Any woofer you add in the low region, will affect power sharing between drivers. The mids may suffer from power. In effect, string instrument will be "thin", and so on.

To me, the (negative) effect on the mids is more critical than the (positive) effect on the lows, not to mention a reduced performance-to-price ratio. Indeed, creating a good mids is not as easy as creating a good lows (bass).

A separate amplifier for the two woofers is another idea.

Separating the two woofers from the midrange+tweeter can be done using separate enclosure but can also be done with a single enclosure. The separate CHAMBER on top of the sealed woofers will give a very positive effect on the quality of the lows.

I like the idea of this treatment of WW+M+T using the Vifas as you specify in another thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.